Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Near L'Anse aux Meadows
Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Sept 29

I was up with the dawn and greeted with- what else- more rain.  It stopped in a few minutes.  Yea- I don’t have to break down my last camp in the rain.  Things were actually able to dry a bit as I packed.



I was off to breakfast at a small mom & pop diner.  The bill came to $4.65 for eggs, sausage, toast, hash browns and tea. 

I need to check out this area of New York again.  It’s very pretty with lots of homes built long ago with big money.  I’ll cross the bridge at Niagara, cross Ontario, and return to Michigan over the Blue Water Bridge.

I passed the 5000 mile mark for the trip:


Not many pictures today- I could smell the barn and wanted to get home.  More rain- LOTS MORE- is predicted from Ohio east and I have had my fill of wet camping.

The sun set as I was approaching Sarnia. 


Only about 90 minutes to home:





I made it home safely, and got to sleep in a warm, dry bed, without blowing up my air mattress first.

No comments:

Post a Comment