Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Near L'Anse aux Meadows
Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Friday, October 8, 2010

(I guess I missed lots of posts while on the road ;-)

Day 7 = sept 18 = 1 week on the road.

I was up early, had breakfast at the hotel, (very slow!), and on the road about 8:15. 


 Bright sunshine!!  As others have told me, it is beautiful here, and keeps getting prettier as I head north. 




The road mostly is between a mountain range and the sea.  The Gros morne area is astoundingly pretty.  I need to check it out better.


I did get rained on today, so that rain everyday for a week!  Gas is far apart and of questionable quality, so I’m trying to top off every 100 miles instead of 250.  One stop WAS 230 miles- I had 3 liters of gas left.  Too close, but I passed no gas stations. 

Deep cove was cool







I saw a whale today- just a glimpse- still, it’s the first time I’ve seen a whale :-))


I’m camped in Pistolet Bay prov park.  Not too pretty of a park, but the area is amazing.  I wandered around a bit after cooking dinner, looking at the stars.  I got about 50’ from my camp when I startled a cow moose.  I was about 40’ from her.  She is resident here in the park.  I can hear her walking around as I type this in my tent. 

I’ll explore a bit tomorrow and go the Viking site!

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, what is the reddish orange thing on the sand near the rock in the picture above ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the shell of a crab, washed up on the beach.

    ReplyDelete