Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Near L'Anse aux Meadows
Near L'Anse aux Meadows

Thursday, October 7, 2010




I was seriously looking forward to a hot shower this morning.  Last nite was COLD- frost in areas not along the shore.  I slept in 2 layers of clothes inside my sleeping bag.  After breakfast, I go questing for the showers, only to find out they are in an unheated building, with big holes in the walls where windows would normally be.  Rats again!  $1 for 3 minutes in an ice cold bld is not going to do it for me. 

Nothing too exciting today.  Nice weather as I made my way thru New Bruswick to Calais, Maine.  The US customs people tell me there is no longer a flag on my name, so maybe they caught the bad guy.  I hope!!  



 Calais is a pretty town, separated from NB by a river.  I stopped at the tourist information office for a Maine map and directions.  The woman there had a better route than what I was planning.
 
The trees in Maine are in various stages of color.  Some of the higher elevations are almost at peak color.  I’m hoping to catch the color peak as I travel thru Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York.




I had a huge clazone for dinner.  Good ones in Maine! 



  I’m in my tent typing this because IT’S RAINING AGAIN.  No internet again, so I’ll just assume the rain will end tonight and tomorrow will be beautiful. 

I did stop and buy another pair of long johns today.  This morning was COLD, and I don’t like being totally dependent on my heated gear.  If it dies, I still want to be able to layer up and ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment